We are having lots of fun showing you "Shaped Cards" today during our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. My card fold was actually a photo sent to me from a local customer of mine (Hi Salli!) who spotted the photo, sent it to me and said she wanted to learn how to create this card. The photo had no name, no directions and no link to someone's blog so I got busy figuring it all out by myself. This is what I came up with:
And the two end pieces fold up accordion style to a flat card for mailing:
Here's another view from above so you can see the smaller folds in the center:
And finally, a side view:
I'm calling it a "5 Panel Fancy Fold Card Fold". I included lots of photo's to try to capture all the angles for you. I have the pattern at the bottom of my post that you can click on. Here are the steps and layers needed to create this card:
- Card Base: Cajun Craze Cardstock 10-1/2" x 5-1/2". Use the pattern below to create all of the fold lines and fold as shown in the photo's (accordion style).
- Designer Paper Layers:Cut 4 layers using the Halloween Night Designer Paper measuring 1-1/2" x 5-1/4". I used 2 different patterns. Cut angles on two of the pieces using the pattern provided at the bottom of my post. Glue the designer paper layers to the card base as shown in the photo.
- Using Whisper White Cardstock, cut a piece for the center of the card using the pattern. Stamp the pine branches using the Christmas Pines stamp set using Cajun Craze Ink. Stamp twice without re-inking. Stamp the sentiment from the Thankful Thoughts stamp set using Basic Black Ink at the bottom and glue to the center of the card base. Add a few Rhinestone Jewels to the background.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment from the Tin Of Cards stamp set on Cajun Craze Cardstock using Basic Black Ink. Cut out with the Decorative Label Punch. Cut out two labels using the Lots of Labels Dies. One in Cajun Craze using label #3 and one with the designer paper using label #4. Layer all three pieces with Stampin' Dimensionals and glue to card front by gluing half of the label to the left-hand flap.
- Stamps: Christmas Pines, Tin Of Cards, Thankful Thoughts
- Inks: Basic Black, Cajun Craze
- Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Whisper White
- Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools: Lots Of Labels Framelits Dies, Decorative Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Simply Scored Scoring Tool
Now you can follow the hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates, Nicole at Be Creative with Nicole, or Melissa at RubberFunatics: